Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Scrumptious chicken satay skewers with a creamy and spicy peanut dipping sauce, using Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce.
- 2-3 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large shallot or 3 small, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass puree
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder (preferably a mix that contains turmeric, cumin, and coriander)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 5-7 Thai chilies
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour before grilling
2. To build the marinade, combine minced garlic, minced shallot, lemongrass puree, yellow curry powder, turmeric, brown sugar, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, soy sauce, coconut milk, and Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce in a large bowl. Mix together until well incorporated.
3. Combine the marinade with the cut chicken, tossing until the chicken is well coated. Place in the refrigerator and marinate in a bowl or a large ziplock bag for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
4. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, coconut milk and Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce. Mix together until well incorporated and smooth.
5. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
6. Remove chicken from marinade and skewer.
7. Grill chicken skewers, flipping occasionally, until chicken is cooked fully through and reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F. 8. Immediately serve with spicy peanut dipping sauce and lime wedges. Optionally garnish with cilantro Thai chilies. Enjoy!