Grilled Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon Pepper Aioli
Delicious spicy and smoky Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 whole heads cauliflower
- ½ cup Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil Vegan Lemon Aioli
- ½ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- zest 1 lemon
- juice ½ lemon
- ¼ bunch chives thinly sliced
1. The Buffalo Sauce: Combine the Caldera Habanero Pepper Sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, soy sauce, brown sugar and olive oil. Whisk until there are no more lumps of brown sugar and the oil is incorporated. Set ¼ of the sauce aside for basting.
2. Cutting The Steaks: Peel excess roots off of the cauliflower, making sure to keep the main root intact. Cut 1 inch steaks with the root side facing up, trim ends off of each main the root and any other undesirable shoots. (The ends of the cauliflower will not stay intact, these leftover florets from the sides can still be grilled or roasted in an oven at 400F for 25 minutes).
3. Brush the sauce on the steaks (and florets) until all sides, the nooks and crannies are nicely coated.
4. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
5. Vegan lemon aioli: add vegan mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, back pepper, and chives a bowl, mix together.
6. Once the grill is nice and hot, brush the grill grates with a towel with some oil. Grill the cauliflower steaks until charred and fork-tender, 5-7 minutes per side, basting with the reserved sauce each time you flip.
7. Plate cauliflower steaks. Garnish with chives, drizzle aioli over the steaks or serve on the side. Serve with sliced carrots and celery. Enjoy!